Saturday, April 03, 2010

A Trip To The Beach

Last year Faye, Mary, and I went to the beach and got lost. We reached the beach around 3 P.M. and absolutely enjoyed the couple of hours we had there.

Yesterday Faye, Marilee, and I set out for the beach at about 9:30 A.M. because, by gosh, we were going to have a full day there if it killed us. We got 20 feet away from my trailer when we spotted Bob packing up his car and boat. Bob is taking stuff back to Canada for Faye and I so we thought it a good idea to see if he wanted our stuff right then. Yes, he did. So back I went to my place to gather up stuff and back Faye went to her place to gather up stuff.

After loading it all on Bob and thanking him profusely, we finally left the park around 10:30 A.M. But we had to get gas so we got about 15 minutes up the road and drove into a gas station. Faye, unfamiliar with her own car, couldn't figure out how to open the gas tank. I have no pride so I went into the gas station and asked one of the employees if he could help us out. Blank stare at first but he did follow me out to the car where we discovered that Marilee had already managed to open the tank. The two women had almost used the deisel hose but couldn't get it to fit into the tank...Marilee told Faye not to worry because the gasoline would just flow downward anyway. Everything was okay once they realized their error. We figure we might be featured on someone's cell phone camera that's on it's way to *World's Funniest Video*.

Off we went for about another 10 minutes where a merging car nearly ran us off the road and then honked angrily at us because we were in their way. Damn!

Faye drove while Marilee and I struggled with her stupid GPS. Either it or we were doing something wrong. I knew which highway we should be on so we just kept on our way, though.

At about noon, we found a nice seafood restaurant and fed ourselves royally. Marilee was kind enough to pay the bill and we emerged some time around 1 P.M. Darned if we didn't spot a Macy's and gave ourselves 15 minutes to shop. Marilee took 45.

On the road again, we had to stop at a drug store because Faye had been bitten by ants and the spots were driving her crazy. We got Benadril ( and shoes) which made her dozy so I took over the driving.

We reached the beach at 3 P.M., dragged all our stuff...beach bags, chairs, umbrellas, etc. and settled in. It was lovely for 2 hours and then we headed home.

We got on the right highway but F & M had a hankering for an ice cream cone so we got out the GPS and wandered around until we found an ice cream parlor. Now, I'd been weighed that morning and was happy as pig in poo to discover I'd lost 3 lbs. during the past week. That didn't stop me from ordering the first banana split I'd had in 7 years. Bad company!

Back on the road, we used the GPS again to get back to our highway and got totally lost. Never trust your GPS. We finally found our way and got home around 8 P.M.

I drank 2 vodkas and orange juice and slept like a baby all night.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Don't you just wish days like that would go on forever and ever? It sounds like so, so much fun :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
patsyrose said...

We can choose to laugh at obstacles or fret over them. It's much more fun to laugh!

Valerie-in-mid-life said...

You have ruined my makeup! I am laughing so hard that tears are streaming down my face.
Sounds like a wonderful day.

UNDER THE INFLUENCE said...

it was a day to remember! what a great time I've had visiting you...You are the best hostess ever!
xo xo
marilee