Sunday, May 16, 2010

Uneasy

When there is dissension in the family, it causes uneasiness for everyone because we know that everyone is hurting to some degree. When we know that nothing is ever going to clear up the problem completely, it also makes us very sad.

I'm sad today because I know that this is just the start of what we'll have to face in the future and it is such a terrible shame. To me, a family should consist of a group of people who love and respect each other. There also has to be some give and take because lashing out in unprovoked anger will only cause everlasting hard feelings.

Today we should have been having a fun family dinner at my daughter's house but it won't be happening. We won't get to play with the baby and glory in watching what he's learned to do in just one short week. We won't get to give kisses and hugs to many of the people we love more than life. It's almost as though there's been a death in the family.

It makes me sad but it also makes me angry to think how someone could be petty enough to throw all of this away.


No comments: