Monday, May 10, 2010

Update on Nolan

It was a lovely Mother's Day yesterday. Matt and Aeron prepared our dinner...salad, bacon wrapped asparagus spears, garlic rice, barbecued salmon...and it could have been presented at any high class restaurant. They are darned good cooks! I've never tasted better salmon in my life.

Baby Nolan was there with his Mommy and Daddy and looking as happy and healthy as ever. We were all so thrilled to see him after the scare he gave us and it helped ease our minds to see he'd mastered a few new tricks. He's developed a funny crawl that sort of resembles the way a caterpiller moves but it's very effective. He's also started pulling himself up to a standing position which requires a lot of strength.

We watched some old home movies showing my grandchildren when they were little and it was sweet to see Nolan's Daddy, Nick, giving us a good idea how Nolan will look in a few years. Watching those old movies, I could remember how those precious children felt in my arms all those years ago. How lucky I was to be able to be part of their childhood.

Soon it was time to go home before it got dark. I hated to leave but I have night blindness and really shouldn't drive in the dark. It was a wonderful Mother's Day spent with many of the people that I treasure more than life. And it was balm to my heart to see baby Nolan well and active.

No comments: