Monday, June 21, 2010

Buying and Selling on Ebay

I've been both buying and selling on Ebay for quite a few years now and have had very few unpleasant experiences. Most people are honest and easy to deal with.

Something I've noticed lately is that a seller will not leave feedback until their buyer receives the item and leaves feedback for them, the seller. I understand this is a way of protecting yourself against crazy people who might leave you undeserved bad feedback but it's not a practice I follow personally.

I sell much more than I buy and my practice is to leave good feedback as soon as payment is made to me. I feel that someone who pays quickly deserves good feedback and I know I'm honest and will mail their parcel quickly and so have nothing to worry about. Most leave good feedback for me, some don't leave any, and a very slight few aren't happy with me. I have to admit that a couple were my own fault...I didn't package well enough or failed to notice a flaw in the item. These were honest mistakes on my part...it can happen.

It's the crazy ones who irritate the life out of me. People who never paid and failed to reply to any of the e-mails I sent them are the worst. I used to leave bad feedback for them and honestly say that they hadn't paid but some of these people are whacky. They sometimes respond with total lies and that sits on my feedback forever. There's no fighting back because Ebay will not remove those outrageous comments. I finally gave up and just ignore the very, very few buyers who don't pay up. They do go on my list of people I won't accepts bids from in the future, though.

I've thoroughly enjoyed Ebay for the most part. No-where else can you reach so many potential buyers and sellers and all from different countries, too. I buy and sell all over the world and it's been a great source of enjoyment for me. It's just so much fun to find that one person in Israel, Taiwan, or New Zealand likes what I'm selling enough to buy it. Most of the jewelry I buy comes from India or China and so far I've been more than happy with what I receive.

Ebay, like everything else, isn't perfect but it's a marvelous concept that's opened up the world to everyday people like me.

No comments: