Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Everything's Fresh After the Rain

This is the view out my back door this morning. We had a nice shower last night which we needed to cool down the air and it's left everything so fresh this morning. The grass and plants look so lush after a rain and you know they'll grow even faster now.
We had so darned much rain last summer and lots of rain through the winter in Florida that it's almost become a dirty word. But this one was welcome. We're supposed to get the odd rainfall this week but little or none is forecast for next week so I can live with what we do get. The plants will love it.
Note the big white planter sitting in the brass plant stand. It's not staying...I'm just trying to bring back to life a pitiful variegated impatiens to give to Faye. These are the plants we cart back and forth to Florida because you can't buy them anywhere. I brought a bunch back home with me but let them sit too long without replanting them (you have to bring them across the border without soil). Now I've got 3 sickly variegated impations. Maybe the rain will help!

No comments: