Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Sweat to the Oldies

I bought 3 of Richard Simmons "Sweating to the Oldies" tapes and today was the first time I dragged myself off my butt to try one out... 46 minutes of great music and simple exercises that were easy to follow! I really did sweat, too, because it's rainy out and humid this morning but once I turned a fan on myself it wasn't so bad.

Some of the exercises required more knee movement than I'm comfortable making so I just improvised during those movements. At the end of the tape, all of the people who had been dancing/exercising with Richard were introduced and most had lost over 100 pounds. To keep people moving at that weight, Richard Simmons has come up with a terrific idea...make the music fun to follow, not to mention the fun host himself.

If ever I was going to follow an exercise regimen, this is it. I loved it but remember how lazy I am. The best I can do is the best I can do.

No comments: