Saturday, June 12, 2010

Why Not Yard Sale?

Above is the little toy corner I've prepared for my greatgrandson, Nolan, for when he visits. Everything was purchased at yard sales so there has been very little money spent on these little treasures. I just got the sturdy MegaBlok wagon which is filled with large building blocks today...cost $2.00. The Vtech telephone cost $1 and most of the various cars, toys, and books in the basket cost 25 cents each (I think some were a dime). I'm constantly wondering why more people don't buy their kids' toys at yard sales.

At one house today there was a complete train set still in the box that looked unused and the lady offered to sell it to me for $3 but I thought Nolan was too young for it. When I expressed surprise at the price, the lady said her kids were too spoiled and had way too much stuff they never played with. Judging by what I see at yard sales, it seems like half the houses in the city are filled with kids who have way too much.

I don't yard sale as much as I used to when I had the flea market stall. Now it's just once in a while to find things to put on Ebay and toys for Nolan. With what I see at yard sales, I could fill this house with great toys and not spend $20 doing it.

The one treasure I found for myself is a gorgeous, gaudy, stained glass stand that I'll use to hang my jewelry from when I'm selling it...cost $2. Oh yes, I did get a brand new in the box creamer and sugar for myself, too...cost 50 cents.

Again I ask, why not yard sale??

No comments: