Friday, June 11, 2010

New Background

Well, I've chosen a new background for my blog and it's a little daunting. I'd love to have it for a blouse but I'm not sure it isn't too garish for the blog. I guess I'll live with it for a while and see how it affects me.

My plans for today are to phone CAA and see if they have a photographer handy who can take my passport picture. If not, I'll get it done somewhere else. Then I have to take it and the passport application to my friend, Lisa, who will sign it and affirm it is a good likeness of me and that she's known me for more than 2 years.

Right after I phone CAA, I have to phone a local garage and make an appointment for my car's emissions test. That will probably be next week some time.

Then I have to drive out to Brantford and meet my grandson, Nick, for his birthday lunch. He turned 26 last Monday and he still likes to have his special birthday lunch or dinner with his Gramma. I've been doing this with all my grandchildren (except the American ones) since they were born. I catch the American ones whenever possible, though. Matt and Aeron have winter birthdays while I'm in Florida so I try to get to them before I leave.

After lunch with Nick, I'll go down to the passport office and hope to put a rush on my new passport. This is going to be a busy day but not impossible. Matt got his passport within 4 days so I'm not too worried about getting mine before July when I head down to Florida.

By the way, the milk for my morning coffee was soured so I'm going to be running caffeine free. I am woman, I am strong...even without the caffeine jolt!

Update: I got my passport picture taken at the CAA and now I'll have a passport picture showing me looking older than my mother. Lord love a duck! I met Nick for lunch and we had a lovely conversation along with our meal...I adore him! Then I drove downtown and spent more time looking for a parking spot than it took for me to go in and get my passport processed. I'll be picking it up on June 25th so that takes a big worry off my shoulders. Altogether a productive day!

No comments: