Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yard Sale Done

I kind of like having yard sales because you get to meet such nice people. Today's sale was held with threat of rain and deadly gusty winds, a few of which nearly blew my tent away. Kim and Faye began putting up the tent while I went in the house for something and, when I went back outside, found one of our customers helping them put it up.

I had cleaned out excess dishes from my cupboards and they were the heaviest darned things to cart outside. That wore me out more than anything. It's always more tiring carting all your stuff out to the driveway than it is doing anything else. I enjoyed the people who came and took advantage of the bargains I had to offer. My sales totalled over $90 and that's more than I made with the yard sales last summer when I was selling my flea market stock. I sold some of the jewelry today, too, and that helped.

We closed up at 11 A.M. and Kim helped me pack up the car to take the leftovers to the Salvation Army store. It's nice to know that some of that good stuff is going for a good cause. I offered to buy Kim lunch at Wendy's but she declined so I went myself. I had a nice conversation with a lady (in her 80's) who works there. She'd been featured on a local T.V. program recently because of her age and the fact she planned to continue working for years to come. We don't see too much of that in Canada because of our good government health coverage. Seniors pay very little for health care, thank heavens, and there's no need for them to work to supplement it.

Now that the yard sale is over and my tummy is full, I think I'll rest my weary bones in front of the T.V. and just maybe have a little nap.

No comments: