Friday, June 18, 2010

Eating Sensibly...-11 1/2


I try not to tell myself that a 1/2 pound loss for the week is nothing special but deep in my heart I know it is. My total weight loss since the end of February now stands at 11 1/2 pounds and I'm very happy about it.

There are 9 of us in our little group who e-mail (or are supposed to!) everyone on Friday with the week's results. Some e-mail regularly, some sporadically, and some not at all but that's okay. The ones who take the time to write are a great support to me. Without them, I would still be carrying around 11 1/2+ pounds because it's thinking about them that makes me reconsider what I eat.

I'm never going to be thin but that's not my goal. I want to be comfortable, that's all, and I'm not comfortable at this weight. My food intake has never been large but it's usually awfully high in carbs and fats. My daily activity is more gardening and housecleaning instead of exercising but I'm trying to change that. All in all, I'm taking an active and considerate part in changing how I eat where, in the past, I ate what I wanted and ignored the damage it was doing.

Now to work on next week's weigh-in!

No comments: