Sunday, July 04, 2010

Miracle?

I'm not sure what has happened but something deep inside me is overriding my inclination to eat junk food. Last week I had fries at a very nice restaurant but when I bit into them they tasted strange. I couldn't explain but thought it might have been the oil used to cook them. I sent them back and got a baked potato instead.

Since then I've turned my nose up at fast food and have begun craving such delicacies as salad! I've even begun cooking a healthy dinner for myself. It's amost as though my body has said, "Enough of the garbage!", and won't accept my usual fare anymore.

I don't know how long this will last and I can't say I feel any better because of my healthier food choices, but I find the whole thing very interesting. For a french fry addict to suddenly be turned off by her favorite drug, it's a kind of miracle.

No comments: