Saturday, August 28, 2010

End Of Yard Saleing...Maybe

I usually love yard saleing but I'm really getting tired of all the kid's toys and clothes that are put out now. We've really got to stop filling our children's worlds with obscene masses of toys. If so many toys are sold at yard sales, how many more are in the houses they came from?

To be honest, I wouldn't mind it so much if my daughter and grandson would allow me to keep bringing some wonderful finds to their houses but they limit me. Today I found a really cute tiny stool with a heart folk-arted on top so I bought it as a time-out chair for Nolan. Now I have to convince Kim or Nick that he'll need it at their house one day. I figured that the little heart on top would be to remind Nolan that, even if he was in trouble and having to sit in time-out, he was still very much loved. Cute, right?

I don't know for sure but I think I may have to find a new interest.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Well, due to my current renovation I have had to move a little outdoor nylon chair, pint size umbrella, toy fire truck, little fanny pack and the billions of toys I got him. All of this for a kid who is at my house once a week!!

patsyrose said...

But he needs stuff, right? I've got one corner filled with toys for him and he's at my house once every 2 months. I think we just want a part of him here all the time so we have these toys waiting for our little prince to show up.