Sunday, August 08, 2010

I Like Chinese Hand Fans

Kim bought me a red hand fan when we were in Florida last month and I fell in love with the look and usefulness of them. This picture is of a gorgeous Chinese hand fan I just bought for myself. I feel like a southern belle when I use it.

I don't know why we don't use them more often. Kim bought some to help us withstand Florida weather in July while we attended my son-in-law's retirement ceremony which was held outside. We were under a canopy but the air was scorching. By fanning ourselves , we actually felt as though cool air was moving over us. Amazing.

Hand fans fold up to little flat items so they're easy to tote around. I'm going to try to find a smaller one to carry in my purse if I'm going to be sitting out in the heat anywhere. They are so pretty and feminine!

No comments: