Sunday, August 15, 2010

I'm Bored

It's Sunday morning, the house is closed up because the air conditioning is on, and it's too darned quiet in here. Usually I have the T.V. on even if I'm not watching it but not this morning. I thought I'd try to enjoy the quiet but it's only making me bored.

I am so seldom bored that I didn't realize how much I detest it. I remember as a child, being around boring people made me want to scream. Church and all it's pomposity bored me and it was all I could do not to run out into the fresh air. Being in school was like being tethered to a tree. I was a smart child who thought she already knew it all and school just cut into my fun time.

When I worked, I was very productive because I never allowed myself to be idle. Being idle bored me to death. If I didn't have an interesting person to talk to, then I buried myself in work. You notice I preferred to talk.

I never would have thought that being a senior would be the end of boredom but it has been. There are so many choices of what to do with my time that I'm never, well almost never, bored. This morning I am and I think it's because it's too darned quiet in this house. I have a few projects on the go but I don't feel like doing any of them right now. I don't know just what I want to do...and it's too quiet. I guess I'll make another coffee and turn on the T.V. and watch Coronation Street for a little while. Maybe that will give me inspiration.

No comments: