Saturday, August 21, 2010

Imipramine for the Bladder

Imipramine acts as a sedative, calming you and apparently your bladder. I had sort of gotten used to crawling out of bed in the middle of the night to pee but occasionally I was making the trip a couple times and that interferes with your sleep something terrible.

Since I began taking 25 mg of Imipramine every night, I almost never have to make that middle of the night trip. I usually sleep uninterrupted from 10:30 P.M. until 6 or 6:30 A.M. It's wonderful how well you greet the day when you've had a good night's sleep.

I don't like taking drugs but sometimes you have to consider your quality of life. When I get at least a good 6 hours sleep, I can get a lot done but before Imipramine I often survived on 4 hours if I was lucky. You can handle the occasional night like that but sooner or later you're going to sleep all afternoon to make up for it. Then the vicious cycle of not being able to fall asleep at night begins because you rested in the afternoon.

I still have the odd night or two when sleep won't come but for the most part I sleep very well now...thanks to Imipramine and a clear conscience.

No comments: