Wednesday, August 04, 2010

New Desk Chair


I've been using a dining room chair at my desk for a while now since my old desk chair fell apart. It isn't a big deal to find a new one but I've put it off for a variety of reasons. I knew I couldn't put it together myself; the box would be heavy to lug into the house; I was unsure exactly which one I wanted.

Yesterday i made the move and finally bought a new desk chair and I'm thrilled to death with it. It is so comfortable and I can finally swivel around the desk again. It was hard getting the box into the house but I managed. It could have sat there for a while until Kim had the time to come and help me put it together but, as luck would have it, Kim and my neighbors, Anna and Lisa, arrived around 6 P.M. to go to dinner with me and took the time to do the job right then.

They warned me not to throw away any screws that fell out (that's what I did with the old chair) and I embarrassedly agreed not to be so foolish. This chair is really a dream with arm rests that are the perfect height for me, cushy seats and an adjustable seat height. Whoo Hoo! How luxurious!

We finally went out for our dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant chosen by Anna. The sisters and I go out for dinner once in a while at different ethnic restaurants so I've been introduced to foods I've never tasted before. Last night I had a garlic chicken dish with fried cauliflower or broccoli and it was delicious. It came with a nicely seasoned rice, too. The caesar salad had some kind of fried pita shells instead of croutons and they were pretty good, too. It's fun to try new foods and it's easy here in my city because we have such a multicultural society and many ethnic restaurants.

The sisters also presented me with a huge Elvis Pez dispenser for my birthday. It plays "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah" when you lift his head to get a candy. I love it!

This had been a lovely day. I'd had lunch with Faye at the senior center and then gone to her house to do some Swedish weaving, bought my new desk chair, and gone to dinner with 3 of my favorite people in the world. Life is so good I wonder how I got so lucky.


No comments: