Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Dumb or What

I don't consider myself a genius but I'm not exactly stupid, either. So why did it take a month and a friend's suggestion to make me realize I might have blown a fuse (or circuit). I just assumed I needed an electrician to fix an electrical outlet that had stopped working. Thank heavens I didn't call one!

Last month the central vac suddenly stopped working...no problem because it's old and I seldom use it. I just assumed it had seen it's day and left it alone. Then the outlet directly above it in the kitchen stopped working. I just assumed it was somehow broken and I'd need the aforementioned electrician to fix it. I left it alone for the time being.

For the past month I've had my coffeemaker sitting on the stove (which I rarely use) and plugged in there. It was no inconvenience at all but sort of made my kitchen look wrong somehow.

I think it was Donna who might have suggested a blown fuse and it got me thinking. Hmm! The two problems were almost certainly on the same circuit because they were one above the other so down I went to check. Sure enough, a fuse had blown and now all is well.

Things like this make me doubt myself because the answer to my problems was so clear but not to me. I either need a man or a new apartment. Hmmm! The apartment would probably be less trouble.

No comments: