Friday, September 24, 2010

My Mantra

Many years ago I decided to learn how to meditate. I wasn't in a normal frame of mind for it to work and so I discarded that interest pretty quickly. Now I'm interested again and realized that my mantra hasn't changed in all those years.

A mantra is personal and not to be divulged...I think. Mine is quite innocuous but I can read a lot into why it became my choice then and now. First, it's in French of all things. I'm not sure, but I think it represents something to me that I've desired all my life and never felt I'd achieved.

Being a staunch believer in psychoanalyzing myself, just delving into the reasons for my choice of mantra could keep my busy for years. In any case, I'll try to teach myself how to meditate efficiently until I find someone to do it properly.

When I took relaxation exercises, they only worked for the external me and tended to put me to sleep. Meditation should go deeper and hopefully teach me something I should know about the inner me. I'm hoping that "something" will be beneficial in helping me understand life's purpose. So far, I've only been able to grasp that we were meant to procreate but there must be something beyond that.

It's written that we only use 10% of our brain so just imagine how much more there is to discover in ourselves. If I have any success or even something of interest that occurs with my feeble attempts at meditation, I'll write about it.

It can't hurt to try and I've got the time to follow any notion that comes to mind, thank heavens.

No comments: