Friday, October 22, 2010

The Aqua Buddha

There is a lot of comedy in politics and this is one of the funniest I've heard in a while. A political candidate in Kentucky once did some wild and crazy things as a college student. Surprise? He and a friend, both stoned, playfully "kidnapped" a female student and made her bow down and worship an aqua buddha. Now this stunt is being used against him by the person running against him in the election.

I'd be led to believe that politician #1 is a squeaky clean guy if that's the only thing his opponents can come up with to smear him.

We can all look back on our lives and be embarrassed by some of the antics we were engaged in at one time or other. That's all part of growing up and I don't believe for a second that there is anyone who hasn't done something in their youth to feel foolish about.

I've always loved the looks of Buddha because he appears so kind and benevolent. I'm assuming an aqua buddha is an offshoot of the real thing but I could be wrong. In any case, someone needs to have a sense of humor here and not take college pranks so darned seriously.

Oh wait, this is all about political rivalry...there is no humor, no common sense, no fairness. Silly me.

No comments: