Sunday, October 17, 2010

An Autumn Sunday Morning

I slept in until 8 A.M...a waste of a lovely morning, if you ask me. The sun is shining again and filtering through the trees in my backyard that are just starting to turn to gold. Funny that the tree in the front yard is totally golden and has already lost many of it's leaves.

I always turn on the T.V., probably for the noise, and then settle in at the computer fist thing in the morning so here I am. My coffee sits just to the right of me on the desk, usually getting cold as I browse through e-mails, Facebook, etc.

"Coronation Street" is on T.V. and I'm trying to understand the plot through the thick English accents. I think some of the best acting in the world is done on Coronation Street.

At 9 A.M. I'll phone Sharon and make plans to meet for lunch or coffee, probably at one of the malls. I have to shop for Kim and Cindy's Xmas present today so I won't mention any stores! I've taken care of most of the things that need doing before leaving for Florida and still have lots of time left to clear up odds and ends. I feel comfortable in my space and time and I'm happy.

I don't take my happiness for granted but treasure it and am thankful for it every day. Too many days of my life were spent with darkness of mind but that's the past. These days I'm 99.9% a happy woman who knows she has a heck of a lot to be thankful for. The .1% only occurs when I see a bug in my house.

Anyway, it's a gorgeous Autumn morning that promises to continue to be gorgeous all day long. Life is good!

No comments: