Saturday, October 16, 2010

This and That

I guess my life has been kind of blah for a few days because nothing much has happened to write about. The best thing was looking after little Nolan for part of Friday. He is the most wonderful child in the world!!! Have I said that before?

I'm stil enthralled with the Chilean miners and hoping they make a lot of money out of their ordeal. I'm also hoping that none of them have to go down in a mine ever again but some may actually enjoy the work. If they ever make a movie out of this story, I'm going for sure. Just think of finding out how those 33 men coped with being trapped underground for 17 days, not knowing if anyone could help them and not falling apart from depression or anxiety.

On the home front, I've written about the idiot city council who are so terribly inept at running the city and then I read in the newspaper that one of the councilmen feels that citizens don't want a change of council members. What? Doesn't that idiot hear a word that citizens are screaming at him? I guess the proof will be seen on election day. I voted for a new mayor!

I did a few loads of laundry and then mowed the lawn for the last time until Spring. I enjoy that last mowing just because it's the last one. Leaves are beginning to fill up the yard but my precious grandsons will rake them up and bag them while I'm soaking up the sun in Florida. My next door neighbor will make sure that the bags are carted away and all will be nice when I return. I do feel a little concern that I rely on other people a little too much, though.

Two car alarms disturbed the quiet in the middle of the night so I hope the car thieves ran away disappointed. It would be interesting to know how a thief's brain works. How do they rationalize that it's okay to take what isn't their's? They can't all be brain dead, can they?

It's a perfectly beautiful Autumn day today. Slightly cool but the sun is shining brightly and that alone makes me happy. It makes sense to be a sun worshiper because it's that sunlight that brings us life but, always a downside, too much of it causes skin cancer. Sunshine always lifts my spirits, though, even seen through the window.

Well, my work is done for the day and now I can relax and just wait to watch my favorite T.V. show tonight..."COPS". It hasn't necessarily been a lazy day but it's been pleasant.

No comments: