Thursday, October 14, 2010

Chile's 33 Miners & 5 Rescuers Safe

All of the 33 miners and all of the ultra brave 5 rescuers who entered the collapsed mine voluntarily are safe. They say a record number of viewers around the world watched with rapt attention as the story unfolded live before our eyes. Now they're wondering why so many people followed the story. I can tell you why.

Every day we awaken and turn on the news to see what is happening around the world and every day we're faced with all the evil that humans are capable of doing to one another. As I watched the miner's story and saw how many people used every expertise available to rescue them, I felt hope. As I watched each miner brought to the earth's surface, I felt exhilaration. As I watched their touching and loving reunion with their families, I felt happiness.

I'm not sure how many hours of T.V. covered the story but for every hour I watched, it was an hour that uplifted my spirits. I saw the best of what humans are capable of and it felt good.

I was left with a strong admiration for the bravery of those 33 miners and also the 5 rescuers who put their own lives at risk to enter the collapsed mine in order to facilitate removal of the miners. This will be a story that will go down in history for many reasons.

It will be a day and a story that I'll never forget.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I missed very few of the men being raised back to the world. I was one of millions that could not take my eyes off this miracle. I was bleary eyed as I went to work Wednesday but I watched it there too. It was perfection on many levels.

patsyrose said...

Everyone you spoke to was so happy that the miners were all saved. I still can't believe it all ended so well.