Saturday, October 09, 2010

Biting My Lip on Facebook

I hate to admit it but I think I'm becoming a prude. I'm constantly gasping in shock when I read what my kids and grandkids say on Facebook and then fighting the emotions that attempt to drive me to respond with a "STOP THAT" warning. I want to do that but I won't.

Maybe it's best I don't know exactly what my kids and grandkids are doing or saying. It's pure culture shock for me because I still see them in my mind as sweet and innocent. They might still be sweet but most of them swear and drink. I'm wishing they were still babies and can't seem to associate those babies with adults and adult ways.

I swear and drink but I can't accept that my progeny does the same thing. Now isn't that ludicrous? It doesn't matter, though, because no-one can dismiss how they truly feel and I'd be terribly upset to see any of my babies drunk and I do not want them swearing in front of me. That's just the way it is.

This might be the reason I don't get invited to their parties.

No comments: