Monday, November 15, 2010

Coffee Morning

I slept like a log last night and woke up bright and ready for the day. Today is my coffee morning where every lady in the park is invited but, thankfully, not all show up. The ones who do have a terrific, happy start to the week.

I'd hoped that this year my trailer would not need any work but it does need something, not sure to what extent, and Mickey has already offered to fix it for me. There are 2 tipouts on the trailer to make it more spacious and part of one (where my computer desk sits) is dipping near the baseboard. I'm not sure if it just needs propping up from the outside or if the floor there needs replacing. Whatever, it really needs to be taken care of this year and I'm lucky to have Sylvia's husband, Mickey, to look after it.

The weather has been lovely since I arrived and no rain is forecast until tomorrow or Wednesday. We usually don't get much rain during the winter in Florida so we can't complain when it does fall. Those are days for shopping or gambling or playing all day on the computer. I don't mind any of those things.

I've got all my plants in except the impatiens which I haven't bought yet. My little corner of the park is looking nicely lived in now and I'm pretty well settled into the trailer, feeling very much at home. Every year it seems to take me 3 or 4 days to feel at home in the trailer but this year it was instantaneous. The lady who cleaned it for me did such a great job so maybe that's why.

Well, my ladies will begin arriving at 9 A.M. and I have to get the coffee started now. I love my Monday mornings!

No comments: