Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Facebook Kicked Me Off!

Yesterday I got a notice from Facebook that they were cancelling my account because I'd used a false name. What??? I e-mailed them back and told them this was my name but they said their decision was final. Was I being hoaxed or answering a phony e-mail?? In any case, I was able to get into my Facebook account today so now I'm very, very confused.

So many phony e-mails come in which look like whatever they're trying to represent and it makes me nervous to think I might have answered one of these. I guess I'll have to get in touch with Facebook and ask them again what the heck happened.

I could live quite happily if I never used Facebook again, though. It's mainly silly and unnecessary information each day but I've found it kind of nice to keep track of some of my Florida friends over the summer this way without having to actually e-mail them.

While in Florida, I use a dial up AOL and it's so pitifully slow that I don't like doing anything unnecessary on the computer. While I wait for a page to load I can make a coffee, go to the bathroom, do a little housework. I sometimes want to smash the computer,

I met Shelley for lunch today and will do that every Wednesday. She takes a class in Orlando and this is a wonderful way to have one on one time with her. We talked about many interesting subjects but one was the new personal searches being done at airports. With luck I'll never have any need to fly again but, if I do, I hate the thought of someone looking at an exray of my naked body. Worse would be the horrible hand on skin search where a customs employee gets to feel you up under your underwear!!! How could this be allowed to happen? I'm hoping that the uproar by people who refuse to be molested will result in more common sense searches.

Now I need to get ready for Bingo. Life is good!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hi Pat,

I think that was a hoax. Don't answer any that say they are from your bank either.

Toby