Friday, November 05, 2010

Oh, Oh!

I woke up this morning with a slight barking cough. Then I had to bundle up to go outside in the freezing drizzle to pull up the plants I'm taking to Florida, wash the soil off the roots, and try to bring them all in the house without dropping one of the still slightly muddy pieces. I managed and got them nicely nestled in a clear leaf bag with 2 wet rolls of paper towels. I hope they'll survive the trip...but they usually do.

I tossed my filthy jacket (one I only use to do gardening) and my soaking wet track pants in the washer and then realized I'd left a few of the uprooted biden laying on the deck rail. I almost decided to let them stay out there but then decided I couldn't let those lovely plants die just because I didn't want to go back out in the cold. I rescued them and they will make the trip to Florida with me.

There wasn't much sleep for me last night because I couldn't get my brain to shut down. Lists of things I had to do, did, or might have forgotten filtered through my head all night. I'm sure I slept a bit but not very much. Maybe that's for the best because I have to go to bed early tonight, get up at 3 A.M., and pick up Kim by 4 A.M. I hope she doesn't need any more room for her luggage than half the back seat or we're in trouble.

I haven't spent much lengthy time with Kim in years so this trip together should be lots of fun. She needs some time away from job and home so hopefully she can relax and enjoy herself. It will be a busy 7 days for her but, with luck, it will be 7 good and happy days.

We'll arrive at the trailer on Tuesday so my computer should be up and running by Wednesday. Bye till then!

No comments: