Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Haircut

I got my hair cut the last week of October and decided at the last moment to change the style so my hairdresser started the transition. I wasn't sure if I liked it but seem to like it better as it gets longer. Now I'm way past the time when I should get a trim but I still haven't found a good hairdresser around here.

When my friends at the park saw the earlier hairdo in transition, I got lots of compliments but the style wasn't finished so I wasn't sure whether to let it remain where it was, let it grow in more, or just go back to the original cut. Men are so lucky!

Now the bangs have gotten way too long but I'm afraid to cut them myself...I've ruined too many hairdos that way. So I took a temporary step to give myself more time to decide...I put curlers in to lift the bangs a bit so they're not blinding me.

Most men get the same haircut month after month and they never seem to agonize if it's a bit too short. Women are seldom happy with their hair but once in a while the stars are in alignment and we do have a good hair day. I think we may be too vain but there's no getting around the fact that, if we have a horribly bad hair day, we tend to hibernate and keep out of the public eye until our hair looks decent again.

I can live with a bad hairdo as long as the bangs are left long. Too short bangs cause me to continually yank on them to drag them down to their longest possible length. Then I say to myself over and over, "They'll grow 1/8" each week and won't look so bad in a couple of weeks!". My nightmare haircuts have always consisted of chopped short bangs.

Well, I can't procrastinate too much longer and will have to find a qualified hairdresser soon but it really scares me to death to trust my hair to someone whose skills are unknown to me.

No comments: