Friday, January 14, 2011

Aunt Vida

Aunt Vida passed away today and it's left my world a little sadder. Vida wasn't my blood aunt but the aunt of my husband. I got to know her when we were first married and rented the 3rd floor of her house.

Vida always appeared very quiet and seemed to settle into the background of wherever she happened to be, content to watch from the wings. My best memory of her is her smile and her soft, musical laughter, though. Not everyone needs to be an extrovert to leave a good impression like that and Vida was far from an extrovert...at least in the years I knew her.

In her lifetime she gave birth to 5 children, one of whom passed away a few years back. Vida was a mother, grandmother, and greatgrandmother so her genes will live on even though she isn't with us anymore.

Vida was not a mover and a shaker in life but she was a nice lady. My hope is that she's in a better world now than the one she's left behind.

No comments: