Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hair Cut

I got my hair cut near the end of October by my regular hairdresser back home...she's an expert that I trust. Since arriving in Florida I've been scared to death to go to another hairdresser because no-body compares to Marion!

My hair has continued to grow to the point I couldn't even fake a nice hairdo so yesterday I looked in the mirror and realized I couldn't go another day with that hair.

We had our first coffe morning outside in more than a month...the weather was lovely but with a rainstorm on the way for later in the day. We had a big group and I asked them if it was okay to change our day and time to Fridays at 10 P.M. The bug man is starting to come on Mondays now and I also thought that having it later would allow the day to warm up enough so we could all sit outside. Almost everyone agreed..a couple had already changed their routine to accomodate Mondays but I have no choice but to change the day.

After everyone left, Barb and I went up to a hairdresser I'd used before and found to be okay. We had to sit and wait for 1 1/2 hours, though, before she could cut my hair. She did an okay job considering I'm not sure what style I'm heading for. It was so nice to get those horribly long bangs out of my eyes and my hair looks neater now.

Then Barb and I went to Wendy's for lunch...5 nuggets, baked potato, small chocolate frosty, and small diet coke for $3.50. You can't get a bargain like that in Canada!

When I got home, Christy came over to show me a pattern one of our newbies has chosen for her Swedish weaving. It was incredibly difficult to figure out and we're going to convince the newbie to do a different pattern. That one would frustrate her to the point where she'd give up the craft.

Last night was one of my off nights where I stay home and vegetate. I need it and I enjoy it. Now I'm ready to face all the activity of another fun week in Florida.

No comments: