Friday, January 07, 2011

Bad Ebay Seller

I sell on Ebay and go out of my way to list every item as honestly and descriptive as possible. When a mistake is made, whether the item arrives damaged or not at all, I take responsibility and refund the customer because whatever happened is no fault of theirs. Now, I'm on the receiving end of a bad Ebay purchase and I'm not happy with the way the seller is handling this.

One of my camera docks died on me so I checked Ebay listings to find a replacement. My camera is an old Kodak cx4310 and the dock it needs is a Kodak Easyshare camera dock 11. I found a nice listing for exactly what I needed (dock11 for cx/dx 3000 & 4000 series, model #n137), bid on it and won the bid. I paid immediately and the dock arrived on Wednesday. My camera wouldn't fit on the darned dock because the little structures that the camera is supposed to connect to are not placed correctly.

I notified the seller and sent them a picture of my own dock (same dock, same model number) and the one they sent to me. The answer? Even though their listing stated the dock was for my camera, it was MY fault for not knowing it was the wrong one and I should just keep it and resell it on Ebay. Unbelievable.

I obviously have lots of these docks because I never want to learn how to use a new camera and not one of them has the apparatus set like this new one. It really makes me mad that a seller wouldn't honor their sale but then not everyone is as honest as I am.

I sent the seller back an e-mail telling them to re-read their listing and if no refund was forthcoming, I'd just notify Ebay to deal with it. The Ebay resolution department is quite good but I'm not expecting miracles. I'll just wait and see.

No comments: