Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Vandalism

I watched a program on T.V. that showed a group of teenagers absolutely destroying a model home. They smashed walls, lights, windows, toilet fixtures, etc., all in a frenzy of insane destructiveness. And they filmed it.

Not only were these kids totally out of control but they were dumb as s..t. The video they took as a souvenir was what led to their arrest. Their parents will have to pay for all damages.

Poor parents, dumb kids, and a view of the society we've created.

Vandalism is a strange thing. I've always wondered what is going on in the brain of someone who gets their kicks out of destroying something that doesn't belong to them. It's usually something that the owner has worked hard to acquire, too.

But why destroy? I would think that deep in the soul of every human being is the will to create beauty and function but vandals seem to be jealous of what others have created, either with labor or funds. I guess I answered my own question...vandals do what they do because they are jealous. No wonder they act in such a crazed fashion. Jealousy, when it sprouts, isn't a pretty emotion.

No comments: