Sunday, February 06, 2011

At Shelley's

Here I sit at Shelley's computer which, by the way, is high speed and thrilling me to death after using my own AOL dial up at the trailer. It's a foggy, damp Sunday morning and my sweet little family is still sleeping. Shelley left me simple instructions on how to turn their T.V. on but I can't get it to work. This is an old story with me and I'm leaving it alone instead of screwing up the whole system by trying different buttons.

Anyway, the drive here was uneventful since I used Shelley's instructions instead of Mapquest and it took about an hour and a half. Today we're doing some shopping because the Clinique cream I use comes with the bonus starting today and I also need to visit Walmart in search of an ivory floor mat for the trailer bedroom.

This area of Tampa is really nice once you get off the main thoroughfare. Almost every house is a different style and range from maybe 30's to present day construction. These neighborhoods are well established and filled with full grown trees. It's the various style of houses that interest me, though. The one Shelley is renting is pretty new but doesn't glare as such in the old surroundings.

Last night we watched the movie, "Secretariat", and I fell in love with the beauty of horses all over again. There is something so outstanding about horses and to see them run at full gallop is breathtakingingly beautiful. I don't know why I feel so timid standing close to them but it could be just the size of them and I fear they might step on me. I do love them from a bit of a distance, though.

I let Buddy out this morning for his first pee and he took forever. I don't know how he holds it all night...I don't and had to crawl out of my nice warm bed around 5 A.M. Then I crawled back in and slept until 8 A.M.

Well, I'm here until Wednesday and I'm so happy to be spending time with my baby girl. I won't outstay my welcome because guests, like fish, start to smell after 3 days. I'll just be a little smelly when I leave on Wednesday after being here 4 days.

No comments: