Monday, February 07, 2011

Super Bowl

Now I never would have chosen to watch the Super Bowl if I'd been by myself but Shelley and Jake are big fans. I know just enough about football to get by...I know there are 4 quarters, 4 downs, goals, field goals, and some other thing that they can get 2 points for. I can follow the game better on T.V. than at the stadium because it's easier to find the ball.

This game was exciting! I chose Green bay Packers as my choice to win because I like their colors. I never claim to be a knowledgeable fan of the sport itself.

I saw a lot of beauty of male form in the moves. I also noticed a lot of thin arms which surprised me...aren't these guys all muscular? I also noticed a lot of big male butts and wondered how those men could run but I guess they're just used for blocking.

The commercials were terrific. Too bad we probably won't see many of them again but I suppose the massive viewer volume for the Super Bowl allows advertisers to go all out in their commercials. Some were kind of icky but most were imaginative.

Today Shelley and I shop. My face cream is available with a bonus and I sell the contents of the bonus on Ebay for almost what the darned cream costs me. Not only is this a financial benefit but it's fun to see how much I end up saving.

Tonight is Jake's lacrosse game and I'm looking forward to seeing him in action. He is just about the nicest kid I know...he even opens the car door for me! I don't think any of my other wonderful grandchildren have ever done that. Dennis didn't either unless my arms were full and then he'd get into the car and push the door open for me from the inside. He could have taken some etiquette lessons from Jake!

I'm a happy camper spending easy time with some of my loved ones.

No comments: