Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Baby Talk

I think most of us keep cute baby phrases in mind long after the said baby learns to speak like the rest of us. My Kim, at the age of 2, called her baby sister Ninny (Cindy) and then her son, Matthew is famous for yelling, "Am Gavin" (I'm driving), when we'd leave the house to go to the car. His Grampa would let him sit on his lap and steer.

Cindy's son, Tyson, is well remembered for having said, "Tay Twait" (stay straight), when directing us to his house.

The other day at Swedish weaving, one of the ladies told me that one of her sons is going down in history for having called split pea soup "pip pea poop" and I think that is a real winner in the land of baby talk.

Babies don't talk like that very long and it's always so sweet to remember their first attempts at language. We treasure it.

No comments: