Saturday, March 05, 2011

Bringing Me Food

I've become the little old lady that people bring food to.

I'm not sure who was the first to start bringing me food but it was either Faye or my sweet, young neighbors, Lisa and Anna. I have to tell you that it was all well received and appreciated. It did make me wonder if they were really worried about the way I eat or were just being generous, though.

Down here in Florida, Faye continues to drop off the occasional treat and, again, I'm quite happy to get it. Yesterday, Joann brought me a bag of different flavored coffees and also a nice home made chicken pot pie. I was ecstatic!

No-one expects me to take them food in return (they've seen my fridge and heard me say how much I hate to cook) but I hope I make up for it by doing most of the driving when we go out.

With Lisa and Anna, I get to sample some really nice Chinese cuisine because their parents love to cook. The girls are also kind enough to join me at restaurants of different cultures so we can all experiment with new foods.

Faye's offerings tend to be fruit or veggies. I receive quite healthy foods from my donors so I'm getting the message that I might be someone who isn't necessarily taking care of herself. But there's nothing really bad about chicken nuggets, baked potato and Diet Coke...is there?

No comments: