Saturday, April 30, 2011

Beatles Impersonators

They weren't very good and Faye, Mary, and I tried analyzing just wasn't good about them. These were some of the reasons we came up with...disconnected from each other, not much enthusiasm, a little too old, and I also thought the costumes were cheesy. I don't know why a group of 4 musicians would get together to impersonate the Beatles if they weren't crazy about what they were doing.

Every end of April for the last 5 years, Mary has secured us tickets to see an impersonator show. I think it started out with Elvis impersonators because all 3 of us are devout Elvis fans but we've also seen ABBA impersonators, too.

On the night of the show, we go out early for a nice dinner and then on to the show. We usually go back to my house and sit for a few hours chatting and enjoying a few drinks and snacks. It's a really nice evening and I look forward to it every year. When I was younger, Dennis discouraged me from having girlfriends so it's only been in my later years that I was able to discover how much fun a bunch of good lady friends can be. A really good lady friend is one who knows you inside out, knows your secrets, and loves you anyway.

Mary stayed overnight because she lives too far away to drive home late at night. This morning we lounged around for the most part but then met Faye for lunch and a little shopping at the mall. A couple of relatives found us there and also my daughter's niece came by. You tend to run into at least a few people you know when you go to the mall.

Faye headed home so Mary and I went to an Indian clothing store. I found a lovely outfit I loved but it was way too small and the saleslady wasn't too helpful in finding me a fabric kit in a similar style. I love Indian saris and kameezes but don't want much beading on one for myself. Now I'm thinking of making a few plain outfits for myself . I used to sew a lot of clothes years ago and the tunic and pant outfits are a very simple style and oh so comfortable.

Don, the handyman phoned and promised to be here on Monday night to look at my list of things needed doing. The darned list is growing! I need the eavestroughs cleaned, new kitchen backsplash tile, a new bathroom in my bedroom, 4 new shutters, and the front doorknob fixed or replaced. The front porch, which is a major job, can't be completed until late May because Don needs a certain temperature for curing whatever he plans to fix the concrete with. Maybe Kim is right and my house has become a money pit. At this point, I really don't care because I want my home fixed up and that's all there is to it.

No comments: