Friday, April 29, 2011

William and Kate

I'm not a royalty fan. The whole concept of a royal family whose descendants, regardless of ability, are supported by the people in grand style just because of their heritage is archaic. But I do like Prince William...because he looks so much like his mother. I felt that Diana was a breath of fresh air to the royal family but they weren't able to stand her vast popularity. She was just a little too human for them.

Anyway, even though I love to see Prince William's smile (so much like his mother's), I have no interest in watching the wedding. We'll see and hear more than we want on T.V. over the next few months and I'll end up accidently watching the whole thing over and over whether I want to or not. The powers that be will throw in snippets of the wedding inbetween bombing scenes from around the world just to pacify the populace for a moment.

I wish them the best and hope they turn out to be more like Diana than the other side of the family. Diana was a lovely lady who deserved better than she got from England's "royal" family.

No comments: