Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hiring Out Nash

I've felt nothing but lighthearted happiness since my cuddle with Nash on Sunday. I'm thinking of hiring him out to the sad and depressed because cuddling with that baby would raise anyone's spirits. I've also had some long and insightful talks with friends and that helps, too.

Faye brought me over some variegated impatiens cuttings and I've sat them by the back patio door where they'll get lots of light (inbetween rainstorms) but they can't go outside until at least the end of May. I love these plants but I left mine in Florida because I'm sick of having to take them out of soil so I can bring them across the border. If Faye will continue to give me cuttings from hers, I'll be very happy.

Those cuttings are the only live plants in the house because I had to give all of mine up when I started spending the winter in Florida. I'm thinking of buying a couple of African Violets just to have live plants here again. I remember when I had over 40 living plants in the house. It was nice at the time but now I'd be happy with just 1 or 2. It wouldn't be hard to cart African Violets all the way down to Florida in the fall because they don't require much watering.

On a high note, the scabbing on my face is slowly disappearing but it still looks icky. The body's ability to heal itself is quite amazing...too bad it can't keep us from aging, though. I don't at all mind aging as long as I'm healthy. Being a senior has advantages that I would never have expected when I was younger. It's a whole new frame of mind and very freeing. It's pretty nice having so much personal time and a bit of pension money to pursue some fun stuff.

I'm looking forward to my next "dose of Nash". It won't be long before he'll be too active to stand for a lot of cuddling so I want to get as much as I can while I can. Come to think of it, that's they same way I feel about having fun.



No comments: