Thursday, May 05, 2011

Clean Deck and Patio

Well, Nick got here this morning and began powerwashing the patio...what a tremendous difference! I think Dennis might have done it 8 years ago because he's been gone for almost 6 years now. Hard to believe.

Anyway, Nick cleaned the patio and then the deck which also looks terrific and makes me want to start filling the planters with flowers. Then he cut the front lawn (back lawn is still short) and dug up that big old Hosta for me to separate. He took one piece home and I transplanted 2 pieces, one in the front garden and one in the back, but left one piece in it's normal place. I love transplanting perennials because it's ecologically sensible.

I've spent most of the day working on Nicole's afghan so I'm in a very good mood. Everything might not be perfect in my world but I have so very much to be thankful for.

No comments: