Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dennis' Birthday

Dennis would have been 74 years old today. I think he would not have been too happy that he had reached such an old age but I also think he would have liked to be around to see all that's transpired in the almost 6 years since his death.

Yes, there are sad and frightening times in our lives but if we keep our thoughts positive our lives can be good ones aside from the trials and tribulations. I've read that troubles just make you stronger and that has proven true over my life. If you can survive what is thrown at you, you are better prepared to survive PERIOD!

Dennis missed out on the birth of his two greatgrandsons who also missed out on a rewarding relationship with him. He could have taught them so much. I always say that Dennis was the most intelligent man I ever knew and there has been no reason for me to think differently since his death.

And, yes, he did miss out on a lot of important things since his passing in 2005 but he left behind a wonderful legacy in his children, grandchildren, and even the two little greatgrandchildren he never saw, one who looks an awful lot like him.

No comments: