Saturday, May 28, 2011

Me and the Dogs

The house is so quiet except for the odd murmur from the dog at my feet (Bailey). Baker has disappeared somewhere, probably under the sofa where she likes to sleep. It's another damp and cloudy day in paradise.

I'd thought about going yard saleing for a few hours but it's still awfully wet out there and I actually had to turn the furnace on last night to take the chill out of the house...at the end of May, for heavens sake!

I've had my morning coffee and played on the computer for a few hours and now I'm thinking that it isn't right to have done nothing worthwhile and still not be dressed at 9:30 in the morning. Granted, I'm not bored but just ill at ease for wasting time. There's so much work that I could be doing but the dismal weather makes me lazier than normal.

Hmmm!

Note: This is what happened next...my neighbor knocked on the door to tell me my dog was loose (Bailey). Apparently there's a hole under the fence and that's how she got out. She didn't go far and obediently came into the house when I called her. So then I get dressed in one of my favorite blouses and go out in the yard to find the hole. I found it easily but I don't think she was responsible for digging it out. Anyway, I scrambled behind the deck to somehow close up the hole when my nice blouse caught on a nail and ripped. The only little ray of sunshine in this story is that my shutter which had been ripped off and damaged by the winds was still there and that's what I used to block the hole. Oh yes, and then I went yard saleing and found a ride-on bike for $3 and a toy car ramp for $1. Nolan will be happy! I also got a bag full of beanie babies for Joann. She'll be happy, too!

No comments: