Thursday, May 26, 2011

Old Feet

I have a pedicure about once a month because...well, because I really like them. Today I had one and came home feeling great about my nice feet and fresh nail polish. But then I took some pictures to put on this blog and discovered, not for the first time, that my feet aren't very attractive anymore.

I remember when I felt terrible about every other part of my body but was sort of proud of my pretty feet. I couldn't afford pedicures in those days but those feet would have looked spectacular all gussied up. Now I wonder when they went from pretty to pretty gross. I couldn't get one picture of my feet that looked nice enough to publish and it's making me wonder if I should be drawing attention to the gnarly things with bright pink nail polish.

But if I've learned nothing else in my life, I've learned to live with what I've got and not waste time whining for something I can't have. So I'll continue to have my pedicures and painting those gnarly toes pretty shades of pink and proudly display them in sandals. Like it or leave it.

No comments: