Friday, May 20, 2011

Sunshine and 3 Deep Pink Geraniums

The sun has shone all morning and I'm getting a bit giddy with happiness. It got me out to dig up dandelions and hose down the deck, patio, and driveway, too. Then I went to Canadian Tire where I bought 3 hot pink geraniums that were on sale...I don't buy too many of them because they're sort of expensive and I'm trying to cut down on what I spend on flowers every year. I shouldn't begrudge myself geraniums, though, because I take them to Florida with me in October where they seem to live forever.

I also wanted a sweet potato vine that was advertised but they were out. I can get those somewhere else. Sweet potato vines are gorgeous fillers for any large pot because they're prolific and their lighter green foliage looks so pretty trailing down the side of the pot.

It's so nice to have warm, sunny weather to play in the garden. This is one of the greatest pleasures that we can have. Watching the little plants take hold and grow into large and colorful decorations makes me very happy.

Tomorrow I'll go shopping for some more plants until, by the middle of June, I should have all I need. It's fun to shop bit by bit so I can take my time deciding just what I want and where I want it. This pattern halfway keeps me from buying more than I actually need and it gives me plenty of time to change my mind a half dozen times.

No comments: