Sunday, June 19, 2011

Short Shorts

Short shorts on young, slim girls look too revealing (in my humble opinion) but short shorts on females of any age who happen to be grossly overweight look hideous. I saw a sweet looking teenage girl today who had to be close to the 300 lb. mark and she was wearing pale pink plaid short shorts. What was she thinking?

It's tough being overweight and trying to find clothes that don't make you look worse than you feel but some things you just know are not for you. I never had to worry about my weight until I got into my late 20's and that's when it started piling on. I remember wearing a few things I hoped I could get away with but I knew in my heart I was making a mistake. We do know deep inside when we're doing anything wrong and, if we're smart, we'll pay attention to that little voice.

The young girl I saw today obviously didn't listen to her little voice.

No comments: