Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It Didn't Need Fixing

There is a side to my grandson, Matt, that I've discovered is very much like his Grampa. I learned a long time ago that, no matter how savvy Matt is with the computer, I shouldn't let him touch it. Yesterday my precious boy came up for a visit and somehow remembered me saying that my remote wouldn't turn the T.V. on or off but it worked fine in every other way.

As he fiddled with the remote and T.V., he kept saying, "trust me, Gramma!". I should have known better given all the lifetime experiences I'd had with him. When he was done fiddling, the volume control didn't work and he was having trouble getting a channel.

If he'd been younger, I would have been screaming at him for screwing up my T.V. but he's a man now so I just threatened his life if he didn't fix it. He phoned Shaw Cable and, horrors, used my computer to ask them a question on their codes. Shortly, he was able to return my T.V. to it's previous condition but now the volume display is in a different spot.

I am so thankful that all I have to do is turn the T.V. on and off manually.

No comments: