Friday, July 08, 2011

Handicap Tag

I decided yesterday to apply for a handicap tag for my car. My knees are never going to be perfect again and, even though they're not really bad now, I think it's wise to get that tag. There are times when my knee has hurt pretty bad and I've had to park at the back of a parking lot and I figure it's stupid to keep doing that.

I drove to one of the 2 Department of Transport offices that used to be on the mountain only to find that it was permanently closed but it did give the address of the other office that I knew was already permanently closed. Well paid government workers who apparently aren't earning their salaries!!! Anyway, I gave up and called Kim to ask her to pick up an application form for me when she went for her car tags. The sweet girl did so and brought it to me last evening.

My camera stopped working this morning so I brought out the spare. After fiddling around with it, I thought that maybe it was the rechargable battery that might be at fault and, lo and behold, that seems to be my problem. I also had a spare battery which I installed and it's now working well. It also gave me the opportunity to combine the contents of 2 camera accessory boxes into 1 and get rid of some unnecessary crap at the same time.

I'm not using the camera to take pictures of items I'm selling on Ebay now but to document the progress of this lip cancer treatment. It's important for me to be able to look back and see how it looked last week or even a few days ago in order for me to realistically assess the progress. It continues to shrink slightly but it's still there, darn it. It bothers me that the ointment I'll start putting on it on the 25th will cause it to triple in size before it diminishes again. That somehow doesn't make sense to me. Added to that is the pain element. This ointment will cause a lot of pain on my lip and I'm not good with pain. Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see how this all turns out. Forgive me if I whine.

I saw my family doctor yesterday and he is such a treasure. He listened to my fears and told me he'd send me to a plastic surgeon who would do any excision needed on the lip once it was healed as far as it will go. I was very worried about a dermatologist cutting into my lip but at least a plastic surgeon will do a much better job. He also said that the sore on my lip is quite small so, hopefully, there shouldn't be much of a scar. I love my family doctor. He's always been a comfort and completely reliable whenever we needed him and it's too bad all family doctors aren't like him.

My dear handyman has just arrived to grout the tile. I told him I have to take a picture of him for my daughter and he laughed. I didn't tell him that she wants to know if he's married. That might be going a bit too far, don't you think?

No comments: