Thursday, July 07, 2011

New Handyman

The new backsplash tile but it isn't grouted yet.



My new handyman arrived this morning at 7:30 A.M. just as he said he would. He started working immediately and removed the old tile in no time. He's already cleaned that all up and is now beginning to put the new tile on. I'm so happy I could s-it!

He's also going to put a small table fan together for me that I can't figure out how to do myself. I feel so stupid when I can't do simple things like this but I just have to accept that this is the way I am. I was actually ready to return it to the store instead of continuing to struggle with it. I don't really think I'm stupid but sometimes I wonder.

Shelley and John take possession of their new house today and I'm so very happy for them. This truly is a dream house and fits them so well it seems like it was always meant for them. The house was built in 1929 but there is also a newer addition and the whole place is filled with character and class...Spanish styling which is so fitting for John's heritage. I'm really looking forward to seeing it this winter.

I'm going to see my family doctor this morning for a little more information on the skin cancer I have on my lip and the treatment it's receiving. So far it's progressing nicely but I have a terrible fear I won't be able to stand the pain that accompanies the ointment I have to start using on it later this month. I'm hoping my doctor can prescribe some sort of analgesic. I guess the dermatologist could do the same thing but she's always so hurried that I forget to ask basic questions when I'm at her office.

Wouldn't it be nice if every day was a pleasant one with no problems whatsoever? Well, I'm still basking in the delight of having a handyman at work in my kitchen and that will have to do for today.

No comments: