Saturday, July 02, 2011

Liquid Nitrogen

It's amazing how well having a skin cancer sprayed with Liquid nitrogen works. I've had a couple of spots over the last few years that required only that to clear them up completely so I have high hopes for the same success with the sore on my lip. It gives me hope that even if I can't tolerate the Aldara, the remaining sore will be much smaller than it is now.

I just wish I could get those morbid thoughts out of my mind. During the day it isn't too bad but it seems to settle heavily at night and makes sleep difficult. On top of that, last night around 3 A.M. some idiot nearby set off a whole batch of fireworks which woke me up from a deep sleep.

I rationalize everything so I'm working at looking at this problem realistically and, to be honest, it almost becomes not much of a problem. I thank my lucky stars that it's only skin cancer that I'm dealing with and not something worse. By the way, my "Letter to the Editor" in the Spectator is being published on Monday...it's about a fund raiser letter I received last week from the Juravinski Cancer Center. I'm still mad about receiving this letter that starts out with, "Sorry, it's cancer". I think this is a terrible way of scaring people so they'll donate to Juravinski. Poor, poor public relations!

It's a quiet, overcast but warm day today and I'll spend it just relaxing.



No comments: