Sunday, July 03, 2011

My Darn Sister

Last Sunday my sister got into one of her bloody snits and took it out on me this time. I haven't been completely comfortable going for lunch with her on Sundays for a while now because she so easily gets irate with salesclerks or waitresses...or anyone else that accidently offends her. I'm probably a fool but I always feel better if I hold my tongue when faced with poor service than the very few times I've spoken out. I believe it's some of the worst in a person if they take out their anger on someone who can't fight back and that's the case with salesclerks and waitresses. I worked in both jobs so I know.

My sister phoned me this morning and left a message (I decided it wasn't time for me to talk to her). No apology, just a message to let me know I could meet her for lunch if I felt like it. I'm not ready for her yet because I know this time I have to have a serious talk with her about her behaviour and it could cause a permanent rift. I dread that more than I care to admit. I'm sure I'll chicken out when the time comes but I hope not. I asked her once before to talk to her doctor about her bursts of anger but she didn't think it was necessary.

For myself, I need some more time away from her and away from the confrontation I know is coming. It can wait.

No comments: