Monday, July 04, 2011

Spec Photo and Story? No Thanks!

The Letter To The Editor I wrote was published today and someone from the Spec phoned to ask if he could write a more in depth story with a picture of me holding the letter from Juravinski. Yikes! Nooooo! I've seen pictures in newspapers of everyday people like me who happened to have a complaint or problem and they usually look pathetic. Yikes, again!

I'm still shocked that such a tasteless fund raiser was mailed out to people but that's as far as it goes. I did my bit by writing the Letter To The Editor. It's sort of an outlet for various frustrations and I've got lots of time to indulge myself by sending a letter off to the local newspaper.

Now on to the rest of my day...I finally got fed up with waiting for my good handyman, Don, to take care of the few repairs I need done inside the house and I called the "Handyman Connection" to have them send someone out to give me an estimate to retile the kitchen backsplash and install a new ceiling fan. I'm afraid I'll never get that new bathroom upstairs but it's not the end of the world. A bigger problem is that if Don doesn't get his butt over here and finish repairing the front stairs, I'm going to call in someone else for that, too. Don is a good person, honest and trustworthy, but he just takes too long to start a job for me and I've about given up on him.

The other day Lisa and Anna mentioned the "trials and tribulations of Pat" and it sort of surprised me but I do have them ,don't I? Other people probably have a lot more problems than I do but they don't rant about them in the newspaper and on their blog. Hmmm! I'd better try to refocus.



No comments: